We Listen. We Act. We Care.
The ROC has a long history of empowering, protecting, educating and mentoring the youth of Prince Edward County. We continue to be recognized for our best practices in promoting openness and accountability, and make our administration and programming available to the public through a variety of means.
We strive to ensure that the funds raised are used as efficiently and effectively as possible. We rely on the generous contributions of community members and engage many volunteers at every program to keep our costs as low as possible.
We have developed outcomes measurement procedures to evaluate programs and demonstrate impact, through our registration forms and individual program survey results.
Strategic Plan 2016-2019 PDF
Annual Report 2019-2020 PDF
Annual Report 2018-2019 PDF
Annual Report 2017-2018 PDF
Annual Report 2016-2017 PDF
Annual Report 2015-2016 PDF
Annual Report 2014-2015 PDF
At ROC, one of our key objectives is to have a positive impact on the Prince Edward County community. In order to accomplish this, we pursue the development of mutually beneficial and meaningful partnerships with local businesses, build strong relationships with youth member’s parents, and encourage parental involvement. In addition, we strive to demonstrate economic and social community impact. In partnership with local area schools, we will conduct research on ROC’s impact.
ROC provides opportunities, mentorship & programs that foster strong personal and social development. Participants develop self-advocacy skills, have empowered youth voice and create experiential learning opportunities through hands-on activities. In 2019, the Youth Centre ROC staff supported close to 300 youth through 12,000 program hours. We continue to see new youth every week. Youth report that this is a safe space, free of judgement and where they come to have fun. Teens also report the youth centre has increased their overall well-being. In 2019, we provided 31,000 healthy foods and snacks, preparing meals together and sitting around the table to eat and talk. This is a big way the mentorship piece takes place with conversations surrounding their education, their home life and social circumstances.
Our objectives are as follows:
- Offer quality, youth-focused programs and services that engage youth in learning and community involvement
- Create opportunities for personal, social and skill development
- Develop outcomes measurement procedures to evaluate programs and demonstrate impact
- Mitigate social risk factors through providing mentorship and barrier free programs
- Empower youth to make healthy lifestyle choices through youth-led activities
- Provide quality opportunities for children and youth to participate in recreation, sports, creative arts and discussions on life issues they are facing daily
- Promote physical, mental and spiritual well-being
- Foster healthy relationships with youth through mentoring with positive role models
- Partner with community agencies for directing referrals and networking opportunities
Since ROC first began, we have had a measurable impact on the lives of many youth. Going forward, we will continue to have an impact through the delivery of innovative programs that meet the needs of youth. We have developed an evaluation strategy and outcomes measurement procedures to evaluate programs and demonstrate impact, through our registration forms, individual program survey results and feedback forms.