At ROC, one of our key objectives is to have a positive impact on the Prince Edward County community. In order to accomplish this, we will pursue the development of mutually beneficial and meaningful partnerships with local businesses, build strong relationships with youth member’s parents, and encourage parental involvement. In addition, we will strive to demonstrate economic and social community impact. In partnership with local area schools, we will conduct research on ROC’s impact.
Since ROC first began in 2000, we have had a measurable impact on the lives of many youth. Going forward, we will continue to have an impact through the delivery of innovative programs that meet the needs of youth in Prince Edward County.
Our objectives are as follows:
- Offer quality, youth-focused programs and services that engage youth in learning and community involvement
- Create opportunities for personal, social and skill development
- Develop outcomes measurement procedures to evaluate programs and demonstrate impact
- Mitigate social risk factors through providing mentorship and barrier free programs
- Empower youth to make healthy lifestyle choices through youth-led activities
- Provide quality opportunities for children and youth to participate in recreation, sports, creative arts and discussions on life issues they are facing daily
- Promote physical, mental and spiritual well-being
- Foster healthy relationships with youth through mentoring with positive role models
- Partner with community agencies for directing referrals and networking opportunities
Since ROC first began, we have had a measurable impact on the lives of many youth. Going forward, we will continue to have an impact through the delivery of innovative programs that meet the needs of youth. We have developed an evaluation strategy and outcomes measurement procedures to evaluate programs and demonstrate impact, through our registration forms and individual program survey results.