ROC is a registered charity that builds RELATIONSHIPS, provides OPPORTUNITIES and creates CONNECTIONS through programs that support personal & social development for youth, ages 6-18, in Prince Edward County.Empowering young people to discover, develop and achieve their potential, through recreation programming and outreach mentoring. Since 2000
To provide opportunities, mentorship and programs that foster strong personal and social development for all children and youth in Prince Edward County.
Every young person in Prince Edward County has an equal chance to excel in life.
Inclusion & Opportunity
Respect & Belonging
Respect, confidentiality, compassion, and a non-judgmental attitude guide all of our actions. At the ROC, children and youth:
- are entitled to a safe environment where they feel valued and respected
- are supported with relationships with mentors and volunteers that are trusting, consistent and foster a sense of self-worth
- are entitled to accessible and inclusive programs that ensure no young person shall be turned away as a result of the financial situation of their family
- are entitled to a chance to grow, learn, and reach their potential
What We Do
ROC is a registered charity that has been serving the needs of children and youth in Prince Edward County, promoting health and well-being, since 2000. We offer enriched physical activities, recreation programs, creative arts and mentorship through a variety of programs that support personal, social and academic development. With thanks to donations and one-time funding, what makes our programming unique is that there is NO COST for our youth to participate. We provide healthy snacks and meals to everyone. We provide transportation. In a nutshell: We offer barrier free programming, in school, after school and evenings. ROC offers a successful sports and art camp during summer and collaborates with community partners to ensure the successful delivery of all programs and opportunities.
The charity partners for resources and referrals with the Hastings Prince Edward District School Board, Children’s Mental Health Services, Highland Shores Children’s Aid, Hastings Prince Edward Counties Health Unit, County Kids Read, and the Community Services Officer of the OPP, to name a few.
Why We Do It
To further our mission and accomplish our vision we mitigate social risk factors. We:
- Build Relationships: Foster trust and respect for oneself, others and community.
- Provide Opportunities: Engage youth in unique experiences that encourage social, emotional, physical and academic success through sport, art, recreation and mentorship.
- Create Connections: Facilitate relationships between ROC youth and local resources; learning opportunities; adult mentors and community.
Mitigate social risk factors through providing mentorship and barrier free programs.
Empower youth to make healthy lifestyle choices through youth-led activities.
Provide quality opportunities for children and youth to participate in recreation, sports, creative arts and discussions on life issues they are facing daily.
Promote physical, mental and spiritual well-being.
Foster healthy relationships with youth through mentoring with positive role models.
Partner with community agencies for directing referrals and networking opportunities.
Every Little Bit Helps!
Without the support of community members like you, our programs would not be possible.
The support you provide makes the difference in the lives of hundreds of youth in Prince Edward County.